Thursday, March 25, 2010

Following

Soooo,
After Moncrabeau I came back to Rouen and normal life started up again. Nothing extraordinary for a few weeks.

I went and visited Frannie, a friend who lives in Elbeuf. She comes from Wisconsin. It was really fun, and we went a saw Shutter Island, in French. I watched it the next week in English, and it all became clear. Altough I understood more than just the idea of every scene, I was still lacking some important information. This is mostly because I did not understand the word "lobotomy" when translated into french... the whole film made much more sense with the word...
It is a beautiful, moving, terrifying film, and would really recommend it.

The next weekend my family took me on a bit of a tour. We did a day trip that involved Honfleur, La Havre, and the white cliffs. It was beautiful. The weather was a bit....Normand...(cold, windy, and generaly disagreeable) but the sky became blue close to the end of that day which was nice.

The next weekend was election weekend, and I got to go to see a French poling station. I must admit, I was slightly disappointed. I was half expecting someone to start another revolution, burn churches, or at the very least have bread and wine handed out to the voters as they sat together and discussed politics and philosophy... but no, it is just like all the others at the Merville Hall that I have seen.

That afternoon, we decided to go to Dieppe for a bit. It is about a 45 minute drive. We stoped and saw a Canadian war cemetery, which was beautiful. This time the weather was nice for a change, I'm talking bly skies and 10 degrees. We then went and did a little walk around the beach. Then the wind started up, and we went back to the car.

Last week I went to a French court. My host father is a judge. It was a commerce court, so once again, no revolutions or torching... but still, it was interesting.

then, save the BEST for last.... ROTARY WEEKEND IN PARIS.
Last weekend was a multi-district weekend in Paris (thursday-sunday). Which is truly the most beautiful city in the world. There was between 70-100 students from all over France, that came from all over the world. It was awesome. Not much sleeping took place and my camera probably hates me now from all the pictures I took. I made amazing friends that I am going to be meeting up with again soon. I love exchange students. We really are a cool group of kids.

Anyways, while in Paris we saw:
-Eiffel Tower
-Bateau Mouche
-Notre Dame de Paris
-Sacre Coeur (BEAUTIFUL)
-Bus tour of the city
-Le Louvre
-Arc de Triomphe
-Chateau Versailles

It was epic.

Yesterday I saw Alice au Pays Mervielles (Alice in Wonderland) with Bridget. It was my birthday gift from her :)

Speeeaaking of which, I will have 17 years this Saturday the 27th! I accidently spoiled my surprise party...but it will still be great!

Hope all is well for everyone, and that you are enjoying the beginning of Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment