Thursday, November 12, 2009

je mange, je marche, et je dors

So I think that I have successfully proven my inability to keep a regular blog…. I don’t know how other people do it. Sorry about that.

Not much new has happened since the last entry…. Same old, same old. Today was another metro strike… Yippee. Tomorrow I am headed off to Deauville for an exchange meeting. I cant wait to see everyone again 

The weather here is getting a bit colder, raining more, but for the most part it is not bad. People in france don’t seem to be fans of warm houses….i often find myself huddled under a blanket on the couch wearing leggings with jeans over top, and maybe sweatpants on top of that, and 2 sweaters. A few nights ago I was wearing 4 pairs of socks on one foot (the other wasn’t as cold). I am not a ‘vrai canadian.’

School is going well, I am compreding mieux (hows that for some franglais?). Today my class went to the cinema to see a film. It was rather weird, but at least I understood it.

I have found another ‘place of refuge’ and that is a little café right near my school. When you buy a hot chocolate they give you a little chocolate to go with it, it’s a pretty sweet deal. Its really cozy inside, all wood with a little upstairs with comfy chairs. Its quite nice when its raining. Me, Bridget, Nathalie, and Maija al hang out there sometimes during our overly long lunches when it is trop froid to walk.

So all in all, 11 weeks gone, and I have become better at rugby, better at french, and better at ordering pain au chocolates. I have learned how to make a Cake a la noix de coco et au chocolat, and I think I am a better person for it, albiet a slightly heavier person, but a better one. All is well in my little corner of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment