Sunday, October 11, 2009

live, love, eat <3

So its coming up on 7 weeks, and life is great.

I was searching for a word the other day to describe how I felt. I couldn’t find one, then it just came to me, the french word for happy, “content”. I was perfectly content.

Life here is great. There is really nothing that I would change. I am more confident in speaking French, the prospect of going downstairs in the morning is no longer daunting (speaking French in the morning was a bit of a hurdle to get over), and I don’t crave North American food anymore (except for the occasional perogie).


Here are a few more things that I have learned in these last amazing 7 weeks:


- ‘donc’ is their version of ‘like’. If you throw it in about 5 times per sentence you sound French.

- There is never any money laying on the sidewalk. No lucky pennies…

- Never take being able understand how to work a microwave for granted.

- It’s really dark outside at 6am

- Food addiction is a real thing…….watch out French bread, here I come.

- Cocoa-Cola tastes different in France

- Everything tastes different in France

- Putting jam on cream cheese is like sacrilege in France. You will be stared at. Not in a good way.

- No one understands peanut butter here…its expensive, and hard to find.

- Lights-OFF. Always. France is very dark. Only the lights that NEED to be on are.

- French shortbread cookies are the closest thing to perfection you will ever taste.

- I love France.

No comments:

Post a Comment