Friday, October 16, 2009

....you want me to read...in english....?

Today in English class I had to read aloud. For those of you who know me well, you know that reading aloud is not something that I am particularly good at. I trip over words, and miss lines. I have no problem reading in my head, and absolutely no problem talking, so it is a mystery why rading aloud is difficult, but c’est comme ca.

Anywho, so I am handed the text book and told to read from line 1-50. (say whaaaaat?). Of course everyone is staring at me, because hey, she’s Canadienne, she will have no problem with it, right?

Wrong!

Hahahaha. So the teacher had to stop and correct me 3 times. The other mistakes I just hope they didn’t notice. I havn’t read an english book since the first week of September, and I have not read aloud in English since…….May? And it appears that it is a skill that needs regular practice to uphold.

I have my fingers (and my toes) crossed that the teacher will not ask me to read aloud again ( but my toes are also crossed because they are cold).

No comments:

Post a Comment